Tuesday, May 14, 2013

We Baptized The Whole Family




Hi Family! 

It was so so great talking to you guys yesterday! Sorry today probably won´t be very long because I basically told you everything yesterday! We had our baptisms! They were so awesome. 
Thursday Baptisms

Elders and Sisters


Today I wasn´t able to get a camera card off to you because we were helping the sister missionaries in my district move apartments all day. And I ran out of money paying for the bus! We´ll get more money again on Thursday, and then I´ll send one off to you guys! God has put some trials in front of me the last little while to make us prove our faith, but everything seems to be getting better.. I was so grateful to have baptized this family this past week. We had to baptize them on Thursday because the mom had to work on Saturday. It was a little different, but there were 50 members there! They are all so excited about missionary work, and I can just feel things are all going to continue to grow here. I baptized the 18 year-old son and the 10 year old son. Elder lopes baptized the mom and the 15 year-old daughter and we had the bishop baptize the father.   It was so awesome, and the ward did a little party for them afterwards for their wedding and baptism.

We ended up having 3 investigators at church on Sunday. There was no bus to pick people up this week and it was pouring rain. I guess the true elect will come no matter what, and those are the 3 that we really need to focus on.. Rough night last night for sure, I hated saying goodbye to all of you. That is what we call a TRUNKY NIGHT. I was kinda bummed that we weren´t able to talk to Nance, but it was so fun talking to Phelps and Trevor. I feel bad for my buddy Phelps. He´s such a great missionary, but he´s having some trials of faith right now.

The transfer came through today, and I´ll be here for at least one more transfer with Elder Lopes. Elder Lipps was transferred, but elder Cuadra will still be here with us. I love that guy! He´s the little Chilean behind me in the picture of the “mudanca” this morning. He´ll finally be a senior companion and his new companion is Elder Law, from California. He goes home soon.   Hopefully we´ll be able to inspire him to finish his mission off strongly.   

It sounds like mom had a good time with the girls on Saturday. It was so great to be able to talk to Grandma. I really want to spend a lot of time with her when I get home. She still sounds like she´s cruising around and getting a lot done. Sammie looked so FAT! She´s a cute little thing. She is for sure my best friend. We´ve got Zone Conference again next Monday, so I´ll be emailing you on Tuesday

 I love all of you, I´ll email you better next week! Have a great week!
Love,

Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment