Thursday, April 12, 2012

Carsons First Email From Brazil

Well this is my first email, and there's so much to say! 
The plane to Brazil was soooooo long so I hated it... but I'm here safely! I hope you got my picture from the MTC people. How is everyone! Sorry there isn't a question mark on this weird keyboard. So the language is coming along really well, it's super similar to Spanish, My companion is Elder Jensen! He's from California, and he's super cool. The food here is really good, but breakfast is weird. We have paninis every day for breakfast, and lunch is the biggest meal in Brazil. We have rice and beans for all 3 meals, plus usually a meat of some kind. also.... LOTS OF WATERMELON!!  yeah the fruit is basically amazing. I can't really attach pictures because it takes forever... so sorry! I'll try and mail them to you, but it'll be hard because we can't send letters here unless we walk way up the street on p-day. and I only get 20 minutes to email. What's everyone up to?? Has Tay wrecked the car yet? I found the question mark. haha but yeah is the car all in one piece? 
My district is sweet. Sao Paulo is huge!!!! It took us like 45 minutes to get from the airport to the MTC... so that was bad. But there are sky scrapers everywhere. I'll work on finding out how to send you guys pictures cuz i have a lot. These computers are on super lock down, so we can only get on like 3 programs, and can't attach any files on this stupid email. Funniest thing about the MTC is that we're not allowed to play soccer during gym class. They said that they used to be able to, but that the Brazilians get way to intense and fight. So we can only play volleyball and basketball. My companion is also going to Santa Maria which is cool! I sent you a letter. You have to priority mail everything to me to get it here in a week... if not then it'll take about 3 to 4 weeks. All my roommates don't sleep cuz the Brazilians here i guess are used to getting 4 to 5 hours a sleep every night. also,  I hate to wake up at 6:30 every morning haha. I'm blessed to have such a fantastic family. I'll send again next week! I love you!
Elder Shepherd

Carsons MTC Companion Elder Jensen:

No comments:

Post a Comment