Monday, March 11, 2013

We Baptized 2 Young Men, Soccer Players



Did you baptize those 3 soccer boys? More lessons to their families?
We ended up baptizing 2 of them. 
Awesome Young Soccer Players baptized!



What do you eat for Lunch and DInner these days?
Dinner I usually just eat a sandwich. I usually am not very hungry to eat dinner cuz the lunches here are really good. It´s still lots of rice and beans, but they always make a good chicken for us.

Do they have Chinese restaurants? 
I saw one at the mall here the other day. I think we´re gonna try and go eat there when we receive our money the next time. 

How was your week?
Really frustrating. The baptism was really good though.

Have you ever come across Elder Rawlings (Kevin & Bonnie's nephew)?
Yes I think I have. I forgot to ask him about them haha. I´ll ask next time I see him. 

Are you walking everywhere or do you ride the bus some?
We took the bus today to come to the center, but usually we just walk everywhere. We don´t have enough money to pick up the bus. 

How are your clothes and shoes holding up?
Everything is just great. I usually wear the Dunham shoes every day because they´re the most comfortable, so they´re getting worn out. I´m sure they´ll last to the end of the mission though. The Doc´s are good for the winter, so I´ll use those a lot in the winter. All of my clothes are just fine, only a few stitching repairs have been necessary on the pants. Good thing my mamma showed me how to sew!

Hi Family!

So this week we started a new teaching group and just basically started the area over again. I have been studying a lot of modern day talks this week and it´s helping me a lot with my knowledge of the gospel. I really don´t have a lot to say today cuz we just went back to the basics this week. We are trying to teach the parents of Douglas and James right now. they are the two that were baptized on Saturday. The ward gave them little scripture bags, ties, and triplices. So they´ve got a great group of friends already going here in the ward. Their families are really hard to get a hold of, so it will be a while. The only time that they can meet with us is on Saturdays, and that´s if we´re lucky. Both the mom and the dad work all week and don´t get home til we have to be in for the night.

It sounds like Hailey had a good tournament down in St. George! That´s so cool! Good job Hailey!

We found 2 families this past week that I feel can advance in this gospel. We found one of them through a reference from a member and the other one was on a list of less-active members. The dad of the second family was baptized about 20 years ago but stopped coming around the same time as well. He and his wife are taking the lessons really well, so hopefully we can get their marriage papers started soon. They´ve got 6 children, 3 with baptismal age. The first family was really fun to meet. We had a family night with some members that live in front of them and the members invited them. We´ve just taught them that time and we passed their house again this week and taught them the Restoration. Hopefully they´ll be at church this week. We didn´t have any investigators at church yesterday. We did have an attendance of 200 people more or less though. So that was good.

Well, I love you all so much. I hope you have a great week. The church is true. Say your prayers!

Love,
Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment