Monday, August 13, 2012

Catholic Jesus Stickers


How did your baptism go?
The baptism got moved to next week cuz he had to work Saturday. So we´ll be having it this next Saturday.

Did you get a couple of packages?
I only got one of them, the envelope one with jesus stickers. the other one is in Santa Maria in the post office. I have to pay 120 Reis to get it out. So like 60 bucks. DON´T WRITE AMOUNTS OF STUFF IN THE BOXES! AND PUT CATHOLIC JESUS STICKERS ON THE BOXES. Will you please put like 60 more bucks into my account when I take it out? Thanks!

Suggestions for your next package?
 
Oreos, deodorant (so I have a good supply).. Maybe some study materials for the Book of Mormon, like to make it easier to study and really understand. And just treats. 

How are your families doing? 
Eh, we have 2 families that are really good. The rest are still developing.

What scriptures are you focusing on?
I’m reading the Book of Mormon right now, and trying to really study it so I can navigate it quickly for references to questions. 

What do you eat for your member lunches?  specifics?  
Always rice and beans. then usually we have some sort of chicken or beef. Usually a pudding or jello of some sort for dessert.  They always have dessert haha. Sometimes we have lasagna and usually there is a salad with vinegar and olive oil. Don´t worry mom I´m eating plenty of that. And then always Guarana or coke. 

You drinking much guarana.. you said you are off pop, entirely?
Yes, i haven´t drank pop for 2-3 weeks now. I just ask them for a cup of water. 

Do you still clap out front of peoples homes to get them to come out like I did 30 years ago?
Yepp. Everyone here has a fence. And the really poor ones that don’t have a fence, we clap in front of them as well. 

Josh was concerned about the water and bugs up north in Salvador..are you familiar with that at all, or is one of the other Elders?
Yes the water up there isn´t too great. The recommendations are all the same things you sent me… the water bottle (he´ll get on in the MTC), a Steri-pen, and those iodine pílls. Other than that it´s just bottoms up and pray you don´t get sick haha. 





Hello!
  Sounds like this week went by well for everyone!

And the ninja doctor sounds really interesting! I need him to cure me of this darn sickness. I´m still sick but it´s allergies. We´ve concluded that. I wake up with it and by 4-5 I feel just fine. My eyes are always super itchy, red and watery and my throat and nose are all killing me. I think we´re going to go to the store for some allergy pills. Please send some more Benadryl in the next package. I feel symptoms at night too. I took a couple Benadryl but  during the day it just makes me so darn tired. So i usually just take one before bed and it helps me sleep.
     Like I said above, please don´t write how much stuff costs in the package, cuz now i have to pay a lot to get it out. I´m going to pass along some money to President this week during zone conference to get it out. That picture thing that you picked up at Sam´s club sounds really interesting. [scanner]That´ll sure help with the photos. It´ll be sweet to see how many you have developed when i get home. This week went by quickly, but it´s getting really hot here. No investigators were in church yesterday cuz it was Father´s Day here so they all had a party pretty much. It´s crazy how time is going by. We are doing really good about focusing on families right now and found quite a few this past week. We´ll have to see how things develop with them but I´m excited to see.
     When are Taylor and Hailey headed back to school? Sounds like the summer flew by for everyone there. We played some bball and soccer again today so I´m like dying  of sweat and heat right now. Other than the heat and those families this past week was rather normal. The new missionary is Elder Costa. he´s from Sao Paulo. He works hard so we´ll see some success in the other dupla now as well. I´m stoked for this week and the baptism on Saturday. I hope it cools down a bit but chances are it´s just gonna continue to go up and up and up.
     I was really updated on the Olympics and was stoked to hear that we won the gold in bball. Everyone here was so mad when Brazil lost in the final. We watched almost all of it in a house at lunch. Brazil dominated but Mexico just knew how to put the ball in the back of the net. Oh! please try and send some more black socks in the next package as well. They don´t need to be the smartwool, just more black sock as emergency if I don´t have time for laundry during the week. I hope everyone is doing well! I miss you and I´ll update next week!

Elder Shepherd

No comments:

Post a Comment